• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New milestone owner - need advice on glitches

I know, I know, I'm late. I got a Milestone 1 as I didn't want to spring for the 2 and I figured the 1 would serve my purposes. It shipped with 2.1 update 1. Anyways, after having it for one week I have noticed the following:
1. Battery life is pretty damn good contrary to many of those with battery issues.
2. While surfing over wifi 4 days after first use, I experienced my first random reboot. Gggggrrrrr!!! Hasn't happened since though.
3. Over the last couple of days it would start playing music randomly. This happened 2 or 3 times over the previous two days. It didn't happen today though. I rebooted the fu@ker this morning.
4. I tried using my motorola bluetooth headset this afternoon to do a voice activated call, and it didn't work, when it worked fine for me last week.

These little nuances could start getting to me and I'm wondering if I should consider rooting and upgrading to sort out these issues? I haven't investigated reviews on any of the 2.2 ROMS out there as to the stability and any issues with them.
Any of you have any thoughts, recommendations or advice?

Mateus Thanks for your response. Another thing I noticed: If I am playing radio through "Tune In Radio" app I usually plug in a headphone. When I unplug my headphone - the stock music player starts up on it's own - with both apps playing at the same time. A bit annoying as well.

I just might take the plunge as you said - but I don't have the time right now. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones