• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [NEW] Motorola Triumph MIUI V2.4.20 with working incoming calls

Do you think I got so many force closes because I restored my apps from Mybackup Pro? I restored my apps from Mybackup in CM7 and did not get one single force close. Oh well I think I like CM7 better anuway.

My guess is that re-installing your apps from the Play Store verses restoring from a CM7 or similar ROM would be the way to go. There might be some sort of issue with the install from restored apps. I could see this as a problem with people who do a lot of gaming on their phone. Especially with games like Angry Birds with several levels.

Upvote 0
I installed this rom directly over MIUI 1.11.25 with zero problems and keeping all of my apps. I then installed the SD kernel, and again no issues. This works perfectly! Thank you!

For deep sleep, I found an elegant solution that doesn't require you to turn off wifi manually. I use an app called Tasker.

-First I remapped the physical power button and turned it into a camera button (I manually edited the required files. Google for more info.)
-I used a wake_drop tag for the camera button, so it will also work to turn on your phone
-Then I had Tasker capture camera button presses
-Ignore the camera request
-Then proceed to first turn off wifi and then turn off the screen

The key is that the wifi has to be turned off before the screen is turned off. That will allow deep sleep to take place. Doing it in the reverse order will not work. I then have Tasker set to turn on wifi automatically whenever the screen is turned on. This means I always have my wifi on when using my phone, and have it turned off automatically when I turn off the screen.

The only drawback to this method is that you no longer have access to the power/reboot context menu. There are two ways around this. Either use a secondary app to provide these options, or remap the search button and turn it into a backup power button. I used option two. Now when I long press the search key, the reboot menu pops up.

This method should work on all roms that need wifi off for deep sleep. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Will someone be a beta tester for me? I don't have my Motorola Triumph activated so I can't do calls and everything. Hit me up with a PM Thank You

Everything seems where it should be:). I didn't have the myriad of FC problems that typically accompany MIUI roms for the MT. I can attest to the incoming calls being fixed :D The only slight issue that I had was the Camera not working, as in screen was blacked as if something was covering the lense... but a full wipe and re-flash fixed that.

NOTE: Perhaps it was just me, but flashing without a factory reset resulted in a 10+ minute boot loop for me

Experienced the same thing except the dying part. Right after i switched to mock everything was smooth

I didn't have a lag problem with Speed Demon, but it dig get HOTT! I mean like fry an egg on the screen hot. Haven't done a battery usage test yet, but its good to know mOCk is a working alternative :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones