• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new NC won't boot with SDcard installed

oldweasel

Jan 10, 2010
Trying to follow the unlockr guide, was able to winimage to my 4GB MicroSD card successfully, but when I put it in the Nook and plug the nook USB into my computer...nothing. Wait 5 min - nothing. remove USB cable, try to boot - nada.
Remove SDCard, plug in USB, boots into factory NC image.

Kinda stuck at this point, any ideas what to try?

This is an older MSD card, could that be an issue (does it have to be a class 6 or 10)?

Ahh.. arstechnica answered the question, they need to add this to the guide:

"After you insert the microSD card, use a USB-to-microUSB cable to plug the Nook Color into your computer. This will cause the device to turn on and start booting from the microSD card, though the screen will remain completely blank. Continue waiting while the Auto-Nooter works its magic on the Nook Color. When it is finished, it will automatically restart the device and initiate a regular boot process"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones