• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Owner needs HELP! Please

shannanf

Lurker
May 15, 2011
I am the proud owner of the Galaxy S 4G. Although I am a little confussed! Is there a tutorial or something that lets us know what this phone does, what all the preinstalled apps are for and how to delete them if we don't want them ??? Sorry for all the questions. Even though I am confussed I think I am in love with this phone!

Thanks,
Shannan

Go read through the forums. Some like the phone stock and ignore the trash apps - others root the phone to get rid of the trash and bloat (you have to root the phone to get rid of the apps). You would have to read and ask plenty of questions. There's posts here on the subject. I learned a lot from the Galaxy 3 forums. The 3 is an international phone and there were posts and explanations from all over on the Galaxy 3 forum. While the format for doing anything with your phone might be different - the mindset is the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones