• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone features search

camattern

Lurker
Mar 2, 2012
Greetings,

Looking for some advice on a replacement for my Droid2 here, I will be eligible for an upgrade to my current Droid2 in June and can move to a new carrier in October so if any suggestion is not available on Verizon I am open to moving. The features I am interested in (in order of importance) are listed below:

1. Global usage: able to operate on different carriers when I travel, I have been satisfied with my wife's Droid2 Global in this matter.
  2. Dual (or greater) core count
  3. CPU speed of 1.2 GHz or more
  4. 1 GB RAM or greater
  5. Physical keyboard
  6. Laptop style docking station availability
  7. HDMI output
  8. Ability to mount and unmount external USB storage without a reboout
  9. Physically tough, water resistant would be nice but I realize that if I get my physical keyboard this is somewhat limited

Looking forward to you information and opinions,
Chuck

The DROID4 sounds good but I am concerned about how they will eventually implement GSM, I have had really good luck with buying a local SIM card for my wife's DROID2 Global rather than paying the Verizon version of remote voice and data. what I have read spo far sounds like a software solution rather than a SIM card option. Does anyone know how they will enable GSM? I wasn't aware that there was a docking station but now that I have taken a better look I see that you are correct, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones