• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Stagefright bug

wooky69

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2011
So with the new Stagefright bug able to affect the OS from a downloaded MP3 and older phones Note 2 etc not getting updates is there any way to protect users of older devices? Are the just limited to hoping anti virus software picks up and issues.

Textra was patched for the original issue, as was Firefox so hopefully they'll keep you safe this time round.

As the techradar article suggests -

Our best tip is to not download any free MP3 or MP4 files from unknown sites. If you're teased into a deal for free music or anything, be sure to avoid it.

That said, there's no real way of entirely avoiding Stagefright 2.0 as it can be placed within third party apps. Your best bet is to not download any apps you're uncertain of right now.

As with the initial bug, I'm pretty careful with what I install or the links I click so I'm not overly worried about being "infected"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones