• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Tablet Market Apps Stuck Downloading

torilynn213

Jan 15, 2012
I am new to the TABLET/ANDRIOD Market world!

My son has a Gig Tech 7" Tablet Model # M701
He loves it but we try are trying to Download APps from the ANDROID MARKET (this ICON was PREINSTALLED on the TABLET)
I have registered with GMAIL and ACCEPTED the TERMS!

I have RESET ALL SETTINGS

Deleted ALL CACHE AND DATA in the DOWNLOAD & MARKET APP...

I also Deleted a FILE (I think it was Android.Secure.. something or other)
Rebooted and Tried it over and over and over again ..
after all those steps..
Obviously I am missing something.. Some one please help! My son is DYING TO play angry birds and OOVOO with his big brother in COLLEGE!!!
Torilynn

You might try adding an .apk to your SD card and seeing if it will install. Grab it online from a developer or from a back up on another device. Can you see all the files and play MP3's from your SD card? You do have your gmail account show up under Accounts and Sync, right? You might try an Amazon account and installing from that.

Upvote 0
This question has been asked and answered many times. It is a known problem with tablets since the last update to the Android Market. The workaround is as follows:
Once you get the starting download message, if it doesn't go any further on its own, toggle wifi off and then on again. The download should commence immediately upon reacquiring the wifi signal. It works 100% of the time for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones