• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android and need help

moo.fan10

Lurker
Dec 7, 2009
i just got the eris and i was wondering if thers is anyway to save pics to your sd and then put the sd card in a pc and save pics like that? and also is anyone eles not able to get the phone to connect to their pc. mine is plugged in and its charging but i cant go to my computer and take pics stright from there to my external. any info is help full.

Thanks

Check out the app SugarSync. I loaded it yesterday and so far am psyched. You can wirelessly move items between your phone and your PC (or Mac). You can also access the SD card on your phone and move things around from within the SugarSync app. It is a Cloud Backup service. You get 2g data free and it is paid for anything over that ($4 or $4.50/mo. for 30g I think, but not positive). Once I set up it automatically synced (60) pics from my phone (although I only had about 15). They give you extra free storage if you invite someone to join. I have not yet paid to add the storage, but I think that I will in the next few days. I want to try it out a bit more first. Not positive but think all versions are supported.

Moto Droid 2.0.0
Win 7
iPod Touch 3Gs (at least until the ereader support on Android improves a bit more)

Upvote 0
i just got the eris and i was wondering if thers is anyway to save pics to your sd and then put the sd card in a pc and save pics like that? and also is anyone eles not able to get the phone to connect to their pc. mine is plugged in and its charging but i cant go to my computer and take pics stright from there to my external. any info is help full.

Thanks

Very Easy.

1. Connect your ERIS to your PC with the HTC USB cable
2. On your ERIS, Press MENU
3. In the MENU options press NOTIFICATIONS
4. Then Press "USB CONNECTED"
5. Select MOUNT
* You are now connected to your PC.
CAUTION!! Disconnect is pretty much the same as above
but only this time you will select "TURN OFF USB STORAGE" at
step 4. Then select TURN OFF.

Then you are good to go.

Be sure to be patient and follow these steps. You dont want to risk
corrupting your SD card or any USB device due to haste.

Hope this helps.
Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones