• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new to android world

kdm0516

Lurker
Oct 1, 2012
I have been researching android phones and carriers and stumbled upon this site. I have had Sprint forever but am thinking of going to an android phone. My problem is I think it is insane to pay $90 for cell use. So I started looking into consumer cellular and found googling there are other "no-contract" cell carriers. Now I am trying to figure out if there is a better carrier to go with. I live in St. Louis, MO so Sprint isn't has always been reliable. But when I travel for vacation I find areas with bad or even no service. My husband has AT&T through work and gets more dropped calls now than when he had Sprint.
Any recommendations on which no-contract carrier to look further into??
This site looks like it is full of info!!
Thanks
Krista

Come to T-Mobile. I live in Maryland Heights and travel the STL metro area. You can get 100 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text for $30. Top notch phone choices and service has really improved. The only issues I ever have are when I'm at work, which is essentially a bunker. Otherwise, it blows away my mom's AT&T LTE in most speed tests.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones