• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new to rooting

well i rooted already and wanted to know what i can do and customize on my phone (evo 4g) i have mikg..i kinda wanted to change the way the clock looks on my phone too..

whats good app for launchers?

i like go launcher, but laauncher pro is pretty good as well. also beautiful widgets is pretty good. they have plenty of different styles of clocks to choose from.

Upvote 0
For changing your home screen look, I think the best option is GOLauncher. It's a great launcher with TONS of sweet customization options. The same dev team produces a ton of useful widgets and themes that go along with the launcher.

For a widget app, I would HIGHLY recomment Fancy Widget Pro. Get the paid version. I have both FWP and Beautiful Widgets and I think FWP is better, hands down. It has VERY good Sense clock knockoffs and overall just seems a little more slick than BW.

If you want to take the next step with theming then you need to check out MIUI. Theming on the MIUI rom is unparalleled.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
For changing your home screen look, I think the best option is GOLauncher. It's a great launcher with TONS of sweet customization options. The same dev team produces a ton of useful widgets and themes that go along with the launcher.

For a widget app, I would HIGHLY recomment Fancy Widget Pro. Get the paid version. I have both FWP and Beautiful Widgets and I think FWP is better, hands down. It has VERY good Sense clock knockoffs and overall just seems a little more slick than BW.

If you want to take the next step with theming then you need to check out MIUI. Theming on the MIUI rom is unparalleled.

Nows a great time to get going on it too, theres really only 2 themes for MIUI ICS out there right now.

The themes is one thing that makse MIUI so great, its a worldwide ROM and anyone can make a theme and upload it to the themes app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones