• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the forum

bronco252

Lurker
Jan 10, 2013
Hello everyone! Maybe someone can help me find a solution to my rooting problem. I have a verizon samsung galaxy S3 with the ota 4.1.1 jelly bean. I've followed all the procedures for rooting with Odin from 2 different places(both were the same). For some reason i cannot get to the CWM recovery screen, only the android recovery screen. This is very annoying since i've followed all the instructions to the tee(many times)and it still won't go. Has anyone out there run into this and if so did you ever get it to work? Any help woould be greatly appreciated, thanks!

After doing even more reading I found out that I wasn't leaving Odin on long enough. When I flashed CWM it took about 6 minutes, i don't understand why, I have an extremely fast overclocked computer and I guess I'm used to everything taking only a second or two.
Anyway problem solved, that probably should be put into the step by step guide. Thanks for the quick return reply. I like this site already...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones