• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update 2.05.405.2 available ota

I have just rolled back to the earlier Rom (Goldcard was required!) after losing wifi and have now tried ota update for a 2nd time! Result is once again no wifi! :mad: It would appear this update is not compatible with my phone! I do believe my phone was once a unlocked though branded vodafone this may explain the problem! So once again I am unable to receive ota updates! Very good HTC!

I should add that on this occasion I kept wifi off! Thus blowing the on/off theory out the water sorry guys!

Upvote 0
Please would all owners who have the above problem take the time to inform HTC and ask for a solution regardless of your handsets history! Perhaps we will see another updated rom to sort this issue!
Done!

Thanks for retrying the update with the wifi off, saves me trying later.
Are you going to try with your goldcard in as dog_chops did?

I won't be able to try mine for another 4-5hrs.

Upvote 0
Done!

Thanks for retrying the update with the wifi off, saves me trying later.
Are you going to try with your goldcard in as dog_chops did?

I won't be able to try mine for another 4-5hrs.

It so happens the goldcard was still in on the second attempt!

Very very annoying especially since I had a mishap with the HxD Hex editor while creating the goldcard and have broken the laptop! I was a bit careless and selected a drive from the laptop instead of the sd card and now it won't boot!:mad:

I can't think of a reason for this not working I had assumed that my handset was the same as the simfree handset after debranding it and it then accepting the previous ota without a problem!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Did your phone also ask for a network provider?
Mine kept on saying a new sim had been installed and I needed to select a provider again everytime I rebooted.

I'm totally confused as to why it doesn't work. I debranded my phone and flashed what I understand to be the stock HTC ROM. When I did reflash, I think I've got an older stock rom saved on my laptop, it did update to get it to 1.31.405.5 fine.

Upvote 0
Do you really have version 2.05.405.2 and WiFi works? What exactly you have done?
I really do have it :D
I used the method as dog-chops mentioned.

I have a "goldcard" SD card which allows me to flash any ROM I like to my phone. This is how I managed to de-brand my phone and go back to a version I know which works.
By using my goldcard instead of my normal SD card I updated my phone and with this goldcard the phone accepted the update properly. I've now put my normal SD back in and everything is fine.

I guess your question will be how do I get a "goldcard"?
There are instructions as a "sticky" at the top of the legend forums I think for rooting your phone which links to how you can make a goldcard.

Once you have made a goldcard installing the updates should be fine. Whether you'll be able to make a goldcard with the phone as it is I'm not sure....

Upvote 0
I have a goldcard but I cannot downgrade the firmware. The bootloader don't let me do that. I use following program: RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.23.405.1_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_120393_signed.exe Which stock Legend Rom do you use?

Try doing a fresh goldcard I too had problems rolling back after it worked 1st time and then not again after that! Has HTC found a way to undo the cards? Anyhow I still don't have a working wifi and upto date rom! I will hopefully get there eventually good to hear some people have mangaed a break through!

I did get a response from HTC askingf that I return my handset for repair!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Success! Finally!

I don't know if HTC perhaps secretly updated a flawed rom but I have managed to get it working! Only difference I made was in the roll back! I rolled back to the 1.31.405.4 rom as quoted by Martin then had a 2 step procedure to get to the latest ota rom! All very flakey it will make me hesitate in future I can't be doing with all this messing about! Perhaps it's time HTC had a look at how updates are distributed and make it easier for us guys!

Upvote 0
Success! Finally!
My way to get WiFi back:
1.) Gold card in
2.) RUU_Legend_Voda_AT_GER_Mobilkom_1.31.177.2_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L.exe
3.) RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_2.03.405.3_Radio_47.39.35.09_7.08.35.21_release_130330_signed.exe
4.) OTA Update downloaded via WiFi
5.) Cancel Installation
6.) WiFi off
7.) Run downloaded OTA Update
8.) Switch WiFi on
9.) Yo have successfully installed 2.05.405.2 with working WiFi

Thank you for help!!!

Upvote 0
Good team effort guys, we got it all sorted in the end!
Let's hope the 2.2 update (if it ever appears!) isn't so much hassle.
I was the originator of this post, and probably one of the lucky ones who had no hassle with the update, however my gripe is with HTC. They should tell us what benefits we are getting by carrying out the upgrade. It seems a large percentage decided to take the plunge and screw up their phones with this latest release.

Why cant they handle these updates like the market? When you are offered the new update of "xxx" app, you can update or leave it as-is. You can read the release notes before going ahead.

Just as well there are forums like this!!!

Upvote 0
I raised a ticket this morning with HTC regarding the issue with the messages. Surprisingly they replied already:

HTC Support said:
Thank you for contacting us. In regards to Your email, I can help you with that. We have been made aware of this, and thanks for the feedback, we are escalating this case to the developers so that we can get them to create a fix for this, so i will add this case to the list. Please keep checking the website for more information on this. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC.

I guess the more people that flag the issue, the higher priority this may have with their developers...

Reactions: heza
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones