• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update feedback

edcooper714

May 16, 2010
My Ally updated Thursday with no issues. I have observed a noticeable increase in responsiveness. Noticeable! No app issues. I did uninstall some new apps it placed on my phone like Skype.
Battery life seems to be as good or better than prior to the update. I'm a light user. A couple of calls per day, some internet (Dolphin HD) and some texting. I recharge it every other day when battery level gets down to about 30%. I use ADW.Launcher, Juice Defender, no app killer, a couple of low overhead widgets, Chomps SMS, Pandora, and not much else other than a few shortcuts.

I do have a widget for airplane mode. I turn it on once a day then reboot and turn it back on.

Not much science here.

yeah mine is running faster and getting better reception even after installing the rooted vzb image, then velocity 2, and finally the new v4 oc kernel. I can overclock to 740 with no problem and it runs faster than my girlfriends hacked droid... it is amazing... my phone isn't a piece anymore!! thank you to all the devs because without their hard work I would be stuck with another LG Dare Lol!:D

Upvote 0
I got my update. I do not notice any improvement in responsiveness or speed.

I do, however, notice a HUGE change in battery use. I used to charge it overnight, and by 8pm it was at about 20%. Now, with no changes in how I use it or what is running on the phone, I am at 66% battery left after 24 hours, so it looks like I will get at least two full days out of a single charge.

Upvote 0
After I got the update my email starting acting up. I still recieve my emails but if I delete them they pop back up in my inbox 15 minutes later...any idea why?

I see this if I delete a message without reading it, as I do with spam. It is then moved to the Trash folder but is still marked as unread. Then, the next time it checks, it sees it again. I don't see it if I open the mail then delete it.

I don't think it did this before.

Upvote 0
yeah mine is running faster and getting better reception even after installing the rooted vzb image, then velocity 2, and finally the new v4 oc kernel. I can overclock to 740 with no problem and it runs faster than my girlfriends hacked droid... it is amazing... my phone isn't a piece anymore!! thank you to all the devs because without their hard work I would be stuck with another LG Dare Lol!:D

Can you tell me the steps to overclock to 740. I know nothing about rooting and have never done it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones