• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New user, 1 problem

zzeo1987

Lurker
Feb 13, 2012
my name is josh,
i've been an android user since the lg optimus and recently got a gravity smart. and only as of a few weeks ago i've had no troubles and have loved my phones.

my issue is with notification tones for text messages.

when I installed the link2sd partition bladybla stuff on my grav smart as soon as i found it available it has since updated, everything worked fine up until just a few weeks ago when notifications ie. text tones, no longer make a sound.
I still get a notification sound when i recieve an email, but not for text messages, could it be something i've overlooked?
i've checked all through the phone that i knew to look, the settings for volume and tones, i've uninstalled zedge and tried using old tone and they still dont sound. i just re installed a fresh version and updated link2sd, if anyone has a solution or any ideas please feel free.
maybe im just thinking inside the box?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones