• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New X2/android user prob w/android market

olivej

Lurker
May 28, 2011
I am new to Android and the X2 coming from an iphone 3g. Great phone and love android except two major issues:

1) Android market place does not see my device. I am signed in with the gmail account created when I bought my phone. Given that they say you have not accessed market from your device. I then did that and still the web market does not see my device.

2) When I down loaded an app on my X2 via the market app in downloaded and installed then the app immediately tells me it must force close. The apps were installed however. The force close happened after evry app install on my X2. Web android market still not seeing my device.

Does anybody else have this problem and any possible solutions? Are there any support areas? With my iphone I just called apple support.

Who would I contact about this: Google, Motorola, Verizon?

Thanks for any help.

Try going to Settings>Applications>Manage>All Apps, find the Market app, and clear data.

Then to be extra safe/paranoid, reboot the phone, and after it boots up and connects to the network, launch the market and try installing an app.

Second thing to try is Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset.

This will remove any apps you have installed from the market, remove any accounts you have added, and any settings - puts the phone back in original factory state. When it reboots you can then re-add all your accounts (the phone will automatically try to restore all apps you had previously installed, but you have to add back in your email accounts).

Unless you back them up (there are backup apps in the market) you will lose call logs, SMS history, etc. Your Gmail contacts are stored in the cloud, so you do not need to back them up - they will come back when you put your GMail account back on the phone.

Good luck...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones