• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newb from So Calif

Hey folks,

I made a serious mistake last summer and opted for a new phone and contract with Verizon thinking the G1 was still at least a year from public availability.

That has been rectified now. Unfortunately it cost me the earl termination fee. In exchange I got a wonder Linux based phone (Dev version) that I can actually use for something other than a phone. I haven't been in love with a cell phone in at least ten years. Its a nice change.

I am a software developer currently working on a large web based project. But hoping to get some time to dive into the app dev kit soon and start playing around.

The one thing I really needed in my phone was ssh (I know, should have gotten a blackberry last summer), which thankfully is well taken care of by ConnectBot. Only problem was sending <ctrl>-c, which I found the solution for on this forum.

Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed here!

Gram

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones