• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newbie HTC sense question

brsnyder

Jul 28, 2011
Should my new Evo 4G (not Shift) have come with HTC Sense 1.x installed? There is none on the phone. Yes I am looking in the right place. My husband's Shift shows Sense installed but mine doesn't.

I'm not even sure I want it, but I'd like to try it. Can I get it somehow? Can I uninstall it if I don't like it?

thx -- Barbara

Should my new Evo 4G (not Shift) have come with HTC Sense 1.x installed? There is none on the phone. Yes I am looking in the right place. My husband's Shift shows Sense installed but mine doesn't.

I'm not even sure I want it, but I'd like to try it. Can I get it somehow? Can I uninstall it if I don't like it?

thx -- Barbara

all evos have sense 1.0 installed. if you check settings/about phones/software information/and it should say what version of sense you have.

now if you want the same version of sense that the evo shift has then you will have to be rooted to do so. i do not think the evo will ever get anything higher then sense 1.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones