1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by aylee, Aug 12, 2010.

1. aylee

aylee Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I just got the Samsung Captivate and I have a few questions, if you could please help me...

1. I am unable to open MS Office files and pdf. Do I have to download an app to be able to open them? If so, what apps do you recommend.

2. I heard the Droid can do voice guided navigation. Can the Samsung Captivate do this as well or do I need to download an app? I can't seem to find the voice guided navigation on Maps.

3. I tried to add my Yahoo! email, but it kept saying invalid username and password. I googled about it and I read that you have to disable wi-fi. Is there a way around it? It's kinda hard to keep disabling wi-fi and enable again for other things that I want to do.

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. Jhenson49698

Jhenson49698 Active Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    1. Yes you need an app for this. For me I use Documents 2 Go. You can only veiw with it, unless you want the full version in which you can edit as well. (I have both and I use them alot). Documents to go should also allow you to view PDF files. However if you need to create one on the run a neat little app called Scan2PDF is brilliant! Take a picture of a doc and it will convert and save to pdf format.

2. As long as the Captivate has google maps then yes you have it(I know AT&T was taking out some google apps so i am not sure). When you enter a route in google maps youll see an option for navigate. First time you use it, it will take you to the market to d/l voice navigation.

3. Not sure about Yahoo mail as I don't use it. I do know that an actual Yahoo e-mail app was release not to long ago in the market. Might wanna give that a shot.

Hope this helps...

3. aylee

aylee Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thank you so much!!