• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newbie needs help!

Using ROM Manager you do not need to rename them. Just put them on your SD card then open ROM Manager and select "Install ROM from SD Card, find the file you put on your sd card and click on it.

You will then have the option to Backup and Wipe. If you don't have a current clockwork nandroid made select backup if you do then just select Wipe. You will need to install each, one at a time but only wipe the first time for the ROM not for the kernel or theme.

Upvote 0
Ok...Got Bugless Beast 1.0 loaded (after doing a backup through ROM Manager). Then loaded the 1Ghz kernel that was an option. Went to SetCPU to change settings and the highest I can get is 600Mhz - which happens to be the default for the ROM. I checked my phone settings and it says the 1Ghz kernel is loaded. How do I get to increase beyond 600Mhz? For the record, when I initially began loading the ROM I chose "backup" which it did and then it loaded the ROM. It never gave me the option to wipe after that (except when I then loaded the kernel and theme which I didn't choose).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones