• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie says hi

Im an old 50s born bugger, brought up on valves and transistors, bakelite, pink floyd, chocolate marathons, and crushed velvet flares, etc.
Ive JUST ditched my trusty old clamshell dumb LG phone, for this fancy new "smart" phone ( a samsung galaxy 3 mini ) and although its for sure smart, there's a few things about it I HATE! Now before you all scream dumbo at me, I am not the dullest knife in the box, and was building PCs for people before a lot of you were even born - my first computer was ZX81 (ask your dad ) LOL.
Now this whole android, google, google+, google play, cloud, apps thing has me tearing my hair out - arrrrgh!
Anyway, enuff ranting, this is the welcome thread right?
See you in the forums, with the first of several questions..........
First one will be something along the lines of....
WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO BLOODY HARD!

Hello Timbo1951. From one early fifties bugger to another... welcome aboard. Please let these forums smooth your transition into the S3 and smart phones in general. They are a great tool once you get onto them.. honest. You will want to start your Android Forums journey in the area where your S3 is THE topic of conversation. All the support and tips etc will be found in that area for your phone. You were wise to buy a great phone with a great deal of following. Have fun and take your time. Ask plenty of questions. Our member love to help one another out and enjoy talking up their phones.
Here is a link to the S3 area. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Thanks Olbriar - it just seems such a steep learning curve for someone like me who tries to understand everything completely and Im cursed with OCD as well !
Cheers for the reply, and qudos to ya ( spelling ? ) for being a mod - I was too once for many years on a modelflying site, for a well known magazine. Thankless and difficult job eh !

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones