• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie with questions

D

Deleted User

Hello all,

I am fairly new here so my apologies in advance if this thread causes some scrunched faces.

I have always been and Android fan and have been apart of it since Cupcake to Jelly Bean, but early this year I had the desire to to iOS. I went iOS hard, no more Android tablet, got rid of my Windows laptop, and sold my Galaxy Nexus. Well about a week ago, I came back to Android and I'm so glad I did. I forgot all about how amazing the platform was. However my return wasn't exactly the smoothest. The T-Mobile version of the LG G2 has been quite problematic for me. I went through three phones before deciding to give up on the LG G2 which sucks because I loved the phone (for the most part). I had major plans to root and stuff as the development community grew.

Since I cannot place a link or video I'll have to show it another time.

Anyway I'm currently using the old MyTouch 3G from 2009 running a modded version of Cyanogenmod and I have to say it's a bit painful, but at the same time I feel warm and cozy. Nostalgia at it's best if you ask me lol. I'm wanting to get a new phone and my budget is around $650, do you guys have a phone you can recommend?

My priorities are in no particular order;

T-Mobile LTE (1900 & AWS) Compatible
Smooth stutter free scrolling
Great display
Decent Processing
Decent Camera
Probability of Software updates without Root
Web Browsing smoothness

Here's my list of phone candidates without order.

Galaxy S4 (GPE)
HTC One (T-Mobile Edition)
Moto X (Developer or T-Mobile Edition)
Nexus 5
Nexus 4

Each have their pros and cons I'm sure, but of the needs listed what phone would you recommend? Of course if you'd like me to explore another device I will. I will say this though, the Nexus 5 worries me. Not because I'm concerned about defects, but I'm using a MyTouch 3G, if the launch is anything like it was for the Nexus 4, then if I miss a launch unit, I could very well be waiting until 2014 before I get my hands on one and that's just no fun!

I know the Nexus 5 isn't even announced yet and it's all speculation at this point (well depending on how much you believe the un/confirmed rumors) so it's hard to say with that phone.

Anyway please give me advice, I'm all ears. I know the decision is ultimately mine, so I'm keeping my mind open to suggestions.

Thanks again

~ Vahdyx

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones