• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next Step For Nexus One

I've had my Nexus One a couple of years and there's not really anything out there I really fancy at the moment.

Therefore, to give it a new lease of life, I really need to get more free space.

I'm running 2.3.6 straight from Google at the moment on a rooted device to cut down on network bloatware.

However, in the UK there's lots of apps we can't use and I don't want to use, such as Voice, Music, Books, Facebook... but these can't be uninstalled.

So what are my options? Do I run a custom rom? Is there a rom that allows me to remove the built in apps?

Any helps or suggestions welcome.

I did this a few months back after I ran into the same problem - just kept running out of space. Cyanogenmod is so much better than the stock google experience, plus you don't have all the junk Google includes and you can install more apps to SD.

I'm in the US, so YMMV in the UK, but my only regret since switching to cyanogenmod is that I didn't do it sooner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones