• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 Pre-Release/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we supposed to get an option to preconfigure the phone with our google account or does it just use the one you bought it with?

Are you new to Google? Your contacts and every app you ever downloaded is under your Google account you currently use with your Android phone. You just login in with it and your Google related content syncs. No different then an iPhone with your iTunes account/Apple ID

Upvote 0
What a thread. It's too bad Galaxy Nexus owners won't get KitKat(my mom almost bought a GNex this week, but chose an iPhone 4 instead).

Hopefully it doesn't take WEEKS for the Nexus 4 to get it. We should be the first device updating to it, and it should start ASAP.

It's always been a week after the phone was released or announced. Play Editions usually a week after previous Nexus phones.

Upvote 0
When I ordered I could only see the 16 black on the PC and on the tablet there was also the white and ordered that one. Because of that I was hoping it went ok. Now I can see all 4 variants and all out of stock.
Feeling much better now.
Status is still pending but shipping says Nov 5th.
I also did not get the option to add device to my account. Thought it was because I ordered from my tablet. Guess they did that to make sure we got it before we added it to our account and there was a problem of some sort.

Upvote 0
When you turn it on first thing it'll have you do is sign in.

Are you new to Google? Your contacts and every app you ever downloaded is under your Google account you currently use with your Android phone. You just login in with it and your Google related content syncs. No different then an iPhone with your iTunes account/Apple ID

No, not a new Google user. Current phone is Nexus 4 and previous phone was HTC Sensation 4G. I thought I remembered them asking that question when I bought my Nexus 4.

Upvote 0
It's always been a week after the phone was released or announced. Play Editions usually a week after previous Nexus phones.

Thanks. This is the first time I've followed the release of a new android version so closely. I was still new to Android and happily using my Captivate last year when 4.2 and the N4 came out. I knew there was no way I was getting an upgrade so I didn't even look into it.

Guess I'll go back to working on my senior capstone project so I can get my degree in December.

Upvote 0
I wish Google would make the Nexus 5 Guidebook available for download so we would have something to read while waiting for delivery. My black 16GB is on its way.

All these videos and news about the phone, but you want the guide book? Nobody reads that. Ha-ha. No, but there is a video from Google on what's new and how it works. About an hour long Android 4.4 Kit Kat: 56 minutes of videos show what’s new in design and development

So pretty https://twitter.com/iLoveLiveUnique/status/395997658537418752/photo/1

Upvote 0
LOL "Scrolling performance is a little laggy" *scrolls on Chrome* *no lag* WTF?

Then he says, "all Android phones have bad cameras." -___- I wanted him to get fired for even making this video. I'll admit Nexus branded devices have not been sharp in the camera department, but Android in general have some of the best camera phones period. It was total ignorance and hate. I favor Android but I give credit in other areas as well. I even have an iPhone 5S. Verge is all for Apple.

Upvote 0
what i dont get is why have a big announcement on some filters for g+, but literally just release this with no fanfare at all?
They're trying to get G+ rolling, and getting all of us nexus people to watch the live stream was a good way to get some attention.

You could see it working right after the thing was done in the comments here and on G+

Besides, what news could they have told us that we already didnt know? :p

Upvote 0
I hate to be the party pooper, but this was a pre-release thread and it is now released. Rob, the site owner has started and official what you bought thread and it's about time we move it out and enjoy everything our Nexus 5 forum has to offer. I'm sure I'll be seeing many of you once we get the devices and start playing with them. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones