• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help nexus 5 wiped

N

Nexus 5 wiped

Hi,

my nexus 5 (android 5.0) just went to the factory state on its own. I can't tell what happened because this was while I was asleep. Any idea on how to find out why this happened? how to avoid this in future? any bugs/hacks out there that could have caused this?

Thanks!

- i already have a strong password with 2 step authentication through google authenticator
- i do have an exchange account for my office email but given the company i work for, i really doubt the possibility of wipe happening from that end
- i know 5.0.1 is fixing nexus 7, 9 & 10 but didn't know it was fixing a 'wipe bug'. May be it's the same bug
Is there any way to find out? some kind of ROM level log?
- By any chance do magnets impact this? (may be through storage) i left my phone near one in the night

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones