• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 2013 Vine

I have the Nexus 7 2013 and I had Vine installed and working before. I recently factory reset my device, and now I can't even seen the Vine app in the play store. When I search it on google there is no install link, and it says something along the lines of "this device is not compatible with this app". I went and made sure I had the latest android version and was updated fully and I am. Anyone know why this is happening?

I went to the play store the day I got the tablet, and it was there and had no problems downloading it. I guess the reset wasn't the problem? Maybe they changed something with the app that makes it not compatible with the Nexus 7?

They must have, because I can tell you that any body with an n7 will get that same incompatibility message. Your reset has nothing to do with it. When did you get the tablet?

Upvote 0
Probably what happened is the app was updated between when you originally downloaded it when you first got the device and after reset the new version is no longer compatible. Other possibility is that we are seeing perhaps a phone version that is not compatible with the tablet in the play store and there is another tablet specific version. ( but that's a long shot).However, I have seen that before with Heywire texting app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones