• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 Returns Experience

I pre ordered my nexus 7 when it first came out and shortly after it arrived. After using it for a few days my touchscreen had some issues so I contacted Google for a replacement. They took my money for the new device like most who have had the misfortune of having to send yours back will know and informed me they would hold onto the money till the faulty nexus had been returned.

This has now been on going since the 1st August. I've had my replacement nexus I've also had my money credited back to my account but I've had no returns label sent out to me to enable me to send the old nexus back.

Do you think this is an oversight on googles side???

I pre ordered my nexus 7 when it first came out and shortly after it arrived. After using it for a few days my touchscreen had some issues so I contacted Google for a replacement. They took my money for the new device like most who have had the misfortune of having to send yours back will know and informed me they would hold onto the money till the faulty nexus had been returned.

This has now been on going since the 1st August. I've had my replacement nexus I've also had my money credited back to my account but I've had no returns label sent out to me to enable me to send the old nexus back.

Do you think this is an oversight on googles side???

not sure. call them. I've had nothing but great experiences with the google play store folks. my tablets have all been !@#$, but the customer service people have been very helpful.

Upvote 0
What I remember is that you had 14 days to return the faulty Nexus or you would be charged a second time. I would call and ask for the label. They can prepare it and email it to you while you are on the phone with them. The tech support folks are there around the clock. I wouldn't want to run the risk of getting charged a second time for a faulty Nexus.

Upvote 0
my story is a lil dif...just like everybody :p

didn't realize i had to have the money in my account to get a new. so i was delayed a week in getting a new one sent out. the process was started on jul 31st. the returned unit is set to get back to them on the 21st(sent it out mid week) and i have had my new one since mid week.

when i finally got the new unit i looked over my email and a return label was never emailed. i had to call them back and they sent me one out. the thing i remember is the first time calling they never asked me for my phone # for ups....2nd time when i actually got the email the guy actually asked me for my phone number.

sadly i might have to go through this again...screen is lifting.....AGAIN..sfldkjdslfjdskl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones