• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 vs. iPod touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
I've had a lot of issues with Android and sadly feel like jumping ship but I'm not sure if I should. I read some great reviews regarding the Nexus 7 and the price is on par with the iPod touch I was planning on buying to replace a smaller tablet that basically erased itself. But to me the specs sound like my kindle fire and that is a paperweight already so I wouldn't mind any advice regarding the Nexus 7 or if it will perform as I prefer. Here is a list of my requirements:

1. Something as good as the retina display. OLED and most Androids are pixelated migraine inducers and I use tablets more than laptops any more.

2. Smooth UI (VERY IMPORTANT) one of the things that got me spoiled on my iPad is the smooth screen transitions and fast app response, along with touch screen accuracy. For me Android lags like a 486 running Windows 98 in 8MB of RAM under heavy use and excels in light use only. I despise lag, and delays in apps launching and the horrid touch response most of my Android tablets have

3. Battery life. Is there any way to get the 10-hour battery life I get on my ipad? I hate running tablets on life support due to paltry 5-6 hour lifetime under heavy use.

4. Stability. I do NOT want to reboot my device EVER unless there is a software update. I never have to reboot my iPad unless it updates its operating system. I also despise force close or app not responding notices which annoy me without offering any solution to the problem. If an app crashes I want it to crash and burn silently. Haven't used Jelly Bean so not sure what to expect. I also don't like how my androids need rebooting every few days or in ICS just dump me back to the boot animation when launching apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones