• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus one Car bluetooth app

zwobbel

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
Hi guys

I'm new here and i'm looking for something very specifik.
I have a car with bleutooth connection and when someone calls me then my speakers from the car take the call.

Know i was wondering is there a application out there than also sends out all the other sounds from my n1 to the car speakers?

Like if i'm using the gps it would be very nice that it is going out of the car speakers. There must be a way because if someone calls me and i'm using the navigation then i can hear the gps talking trough the speakers while i'm in the call.

Thanks !!

Joris

Hi guys

I'm new here and i'm looking for something very specifik.
I have a car with bleutooth connection and when someone calls me then my speakers from the car take the call.

Know i was wondering is there a application out there than also sends out all the other sounds from my n1 to the car speakers?

Like if i'm using the gps it would be very nice that it is going out of the car speakers. There must be a way because if someone calls me and i'm using the navigation then i can hear the gps talking trough the speakers while i'm in the call.

Thanks !!

Joris

When you are next paired to your car, go into the bluetooth settings menu and long press on your car kit id, select 'Options'.

Is there an option for Media listed? Is it selected?

Upvote 0
This is a bluetooth connection type and not an app that you need.
It will depend on what services your bluetooth device offers. My radio has support both as a hands-free kit and for bluetooth audio. With this connected it's just like having a line in from the phone, I have spotify play over bluetooth and my satnav over that which will dip the volume of music so I can hear the directions.

As said the easiest way to check is once you're connected go to the connection options for the device in the bluetooth menu and see if there's a "media" option to select, if there is choosing this will connect bluetooth audio to your device, but you might need to choose an input on the car for you to hear anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones