• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus one case - with lanyard???

yakboy

Jun 2, 2009
Hi there,

I did try posting this in this post..
Does Nexus One have lanyard loop? - Android Forums
..but got no response so sorry but it's another case post!

I'm off on my hols very soon and I want to get a case for my N1 but specifically one with a lanyard. I'm going to go flying on a microlight and would love to take some photos and videos but I don't trust myself not to just drop the phone into the Jungle! Clumsy oaf.

I've had a good look around and can't find one, I don't really care how the case looks as I'll only be using it for the holiday.. saying that I don't like leather wallet ones so a rubbery wrap would be ideal!

I live in and buy from the UK generally so UK links are much appreciated.

Thanks people!

I have a case from dcmugen which would be described as a "rubbery wrap" , it's this one, I think
BLACK Soft TPU Hard Case for HTC Google Nexus One N1 on eBay (end time 22-Mar-10 11:20:45 GMT)

and altho' it doesn't have a lanyard loop I guess you could thread one through the hole that's left for the usb connection at the bottom of the phone - it should be secure enough to stop your phone's skydiving tendencies.
May be worth a speculative 3 quid if you don't find anything else.
Service was great from DCmugen.

Upvote 0
This looks similar Silicone Case For Google Nexus One - White and claims next day delivery.

Back to the case I have (which actually doesn't come as far up the phone as the one above) I've just, in the interests of research (no, scratch that - because I'm daft and bored!), threaded my sunglasses cord thru the usb opening and whirled my precious nexus about :eek: - it seems very secure, I reckon you'd need a lot of force to get the phone out of the case - can't see it happening accidentallly.

Upvote 0
who cares? - thanks for the otterbox link, not quite what I'm looking for at the moment as can't be used in the case I imagine, would be awesome for sailors though.

soupdragon - cheers for testing, I found a very similar case on eBay shipping from stoke on Trent. My mate who works at carphone warehouse is going to find me a spare lanyard and I'll do the same as you.

thanks both for your help and responses.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones