• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One issues on more recent hardware (?)

nMIK-3

May 7, 2010
Hey guys, I have a question regarding Nexus One with T-Mobile 3G.

The 3G and the multitouch issues are well known for the device but I am reading on Google support webpages that many people who exchange their AT&T Nexus One recently they receive a unit without the 3G issues.

They reporting that the new phone is not even comparing with the first order and 3G works as it should with no problems.

Maybe Google fixed the 3G issues in a more recent version of the hardware?

All reports in Google forums are related with the AT&T version of Nexus One.

Anyone here can confirm this for the T-Mobile version? Or anyone with a recent similar expiriense can comment to the whole story?

My best friend wants to get one and I do not want to let him spent $600 for a high-end device that is facing both 3G and multitouch issues. Its just lame..

Source here, see comments from user jolson23 on page 74 and 73.

My ATT version has great 3g signal and I live in a fringe area getting only 1 bar of 3g at my house, sometimes zero. Nexus performs just the same as my Nokia, so I seem to not have any issues.

But the multi touch is still the same, It can't do more than 2 points. But it does handle emulators fine from the YouTube videos out there. As long as the Y axis is not setup wrong. A minor inconvenience imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones