• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One or Galaxy S

Hi all!

This is my first post on the Android Forums. I am a T-Mobile customer intent on buying an android device as my next phone. I was wondering whether I should get the Nexus One, as I wouldn't have to wait for Froyo, or pick up the Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) in a couple of weeks, since it has the superior display and will eventually (yes, I'm aware of Samsung's lack of haste in updating its android phones) pick up Froyo.

I had some concerns and questions about both phones. I've read that the Nexus One's AMOLED display fares pretty poorly in sunlight, with some reviews calling it "unusable". This is probably my main concern.

As for the Galaxy S, my main issues are with the allegedly "plasticky" build quality, and the touchwiz UI. I have yet to hear or read of someone disabling the UI for stock 2.1 (although I have seen videos of the galaxy s running launcherpro).

Build quality is a big concern for me, as I am a former iPhone user who really loved how the original iPhone felt in hand.

I'd love to hear from owners/users of one or both of these phones, I'm really at a bit of a crossroads, with the Vibrant dropping for t-mobile in a matter of weeks. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones