• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nfc Service running. Why?

Got an AT&T GS2, stock ROM. Looking at running processes and services, I noticed that the process "Nfc Service" is running, taking up 16.7 MB.

We all know NFC is not enabled yet. Why do you suppose the process would be running?
developers pay carriers to force their apps on a phone.

carriers do not let devolopers put their apps on their phones for free and get something for nothing.

nfc, buddies now, google maps, gmail, and many, many others are passively and actively turned on, data mining, looking at your web surfing, looking at your web bookmarks, profiling you. EVEN WHEN I FORCE CLOSE GOOGLE MAPS, IT REOPENS. WHY? TO SPY AND DATA MINE!!

if you do not believe me, then please look at the invasive spy and data mining permissions on all google and at&t apps, and any, yes, any game you have downloaded. your location, your phone number, your contacts, full internet access, etc., etc., etc., etc.

data mining means collecting demographic information on your phone, other apps you already have, and to sell data about you.

there are many blogs i have written here, and i have posted links from respected sources such as the wall street journal.

every carrier does it.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones