• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dmodert66

Android Expert
Oct 24, 2009
Southern California
Well, when it was announced that VZW had paid $750 million to broadcast NFL Thursday and Sunday Night games, as well as the Red Zone Channel, I was cautiously optimistic. I was worried it would only be for V-Cast. So I shot a quick email off to VZW...

My Email :
Hello,
I was just interested in finding out if the NFL content Verizon recently purchased will be available on the Motorola Droid. From what I understand, coverage will start with the NFL Draft on April 22nd, which is right around the corner...

The Response :
I appreciate you asking about the advertised NFL enhancement coming soon. My name is Matt and I am delighted to inform you that the Motorola Droid will have the
functionality to have the NFL draft and other programs on that device. You may have our new product and service updates sent to your phone by registering from your
online account.

To update your personal information please:

1. Sign on to "My Verizon."
2. Select "My Profile" tab on the menu bar near the top of the page.
3. Click on the "Edit" hyperlink located underneath the information you wish to update.
4. Edit your information and choose "Save."
5. Select "Sign Out" or "Continue" if you wish to stay signed in to "My Verizon."

I was glad to send confirmation on the capability of the Droid with the NFL program. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless as your service choice. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

That was under 24 hours for the response. Pretty cool of them to be on the ball like that...

I was wondering the same thing- when I logged in to my MyVZW account I saw absolutely nothing having to do with VZW specialty services.

That being said, however, I wouldn't say the OP is blindly posting an email reply, b/c that is the email reply that he received. If, in fact, this has nothing to do with NFL on our phones, then the blame should lie with the VZW Tech that sent the email, not the OP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones