• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 3G after editing build.prop; apps crash

Sargonnas

Lurker
May 5, 2010
This morning I took a video with my droid and noticed that it was recording at something stupid like 9.76 fps. I went into build.prop and changed ro.media.enc.vid.h264.fps=1,30 to 29.97 thinking that it was a variable range, and trying to force it to a constant. After putting the new build.prop in, I rebooted and the droid got stuck repeating the droid logo animation. I then realized that I had edited it with the dos editor and forgot to dos2unix it, so I got into the recovery menu and swapped the old build.prop in.. one I had saved just before I made my changes. Now upon booting up all apps that use internet, wether its for ads or whatever crash. Dolphin cannot connect to any website. I have tried disabling/reenabling wireless and still nothing.

I have rebooted since my last app install/update, so I dont believe its from anything I installed.

Any ideaS?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones