• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No 3G for 2 days, dropping off?

gulickgurl

Jun 25, 2011
Hi there...I've looked around and haven't seen this specific problem for the Captivate.

I've noticed that for at least the last two days my 3G signal for ATT has dropped off of my phone. I'll be at work, driving, or at home and it hasn't shown up on my phone at all. I can connect to WiFi no problem, and I still have signal strength on the phone for calls, but there's no 3G.

Does anyone know if this is an issue? Is this a problem with my phone in particular? Does that make it a dud or something?

I've had the phone for two weeks and the 3G was working just fine for the first week and a half, so I don't know what's going on with it now.

I did look at other phone forums and it looked like some were duds or they had instructions on how to reset the phone, which I wasn't sure would apply to my phone.

Thanks in advance everyone!:thinking:

Hi everyone, yeah, I checked both my mom's iPhone and my husband's Samsung - not a smart phone can't remember, and they are both ATT and they both have 3G on/working at this moment.

I did look and the Packet Data was not checked, so I did check it. I then turned off my phone and let it sit, and then I turned it back on. However, still no 3G.

I have a hard time just calling them to get a credit, because I want it fixed. I mean, I'll take a credit too...but I don't want to keep fighting with this issue.

Any other thoughts?
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Ok, scratch that last post....I did check Packet Data, and since I'm at home, I'm on WiFi. I turned off the WiFi to see if 3G turned on and it did.

So, I think that problem is resolved, and now I know where to look next time it stops working.

Does anyone know why that would become unchecked if I didn't even know it was there? My 3G did work before two days ago....

Thanks everyone!!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones