• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No content in the email folders

nanmun

Lurker
May 3, 2012
Hi
I have a samsumg galaxy s2 4g phone.
I set my corporate email (microsoft exchange) on my phone.
After setup, I can view all the mailbox folders and can also send emails from my phone using the email account.
But I can NOT :
- View any emails inside the folders - When I refresh any folder, it says no emails.
- Sync the calender, contacts, tasks etc of corporate mailbox onto the phone - When I press sync button it does nothing.
Can someone please help with this issue?

Thanks

Hi Russell.

thanks for you reply.
I have set period to sync option as 3 days and have lots of emails within last 3 days. Cannot see a single one. Have set options like different sizes (header only, 2 kb etc), have tried differet peak/off peak schedules but nothing works..
The authentication is correct as I can view all the mailbox folders.
Infact, have carted one new folder just now from my desktop and after refresh can view it in my phone email.

But nothing shows up in the folders, no emails, no contacts/calender/tasks sync

Could it be something to do with the email server settings that once the emails have been downloaded on desktop they are no longer availbale to download on any other device?

Really confused now.

Will appreciate if you have any further inputs.

Upvote 0
This happened to me since my ICS update on IMAP (using premium/Social Hub e-mail). The only way I managed to view my e-mails in a particular folder was to move an e-mail in to that folder, and the e-mails slowly began to sync - unfortunately, it did not sync the other folders (same workaround could be used though).

Very annoying that this key functionality does not work out of the box.

Upvote 0
Hi
I have a samsumg galaxy s2 4g phone.
I set my corporate email (microsoft exchange) on my phone.
After setup, I can view all the mailbox folders and can also send emails from my phone using the email account.
But I can NOT :
- View any emails inside the folders - When I refresh any folder, it says no emails.
- Sync the calender, contacts, tasks etc of corporate mailbox onto the phone - When I press sync button it does nothing.
Can someone please help with this issue?

Thanks
Hi there,

I had the same problem but have found a solution. It is not perfect but it works. Bear on mind also that unfortunately Samsung did not think about it at all (if not android, I am not sure this is the first smart phone I ever had).
So this is what you need to do:

a) Create a folder on your outlook in the archive and name for example "Samsung Mobile".
b) For each rule you have set up already make an amendment to also forward a copy of the received emails to the archived "Samsung Mobile". Depending on how many rules you have it might take some time to complete this task and also to get your phone synchronised.

That's it. The trick is that your archived folder is directly linked to the inbox, which is why you will be able to receive it on your phone.
The disadvantage is that you will have duplicate emails in your outlook but it is not a big deal since the copies belong to the archives thus not taking any space of your mailbox.

Hope this will help you and others

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones