• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data connection on 3G ?

alm0

Lurker
Aug 27, 2011
The phone works great, can make/receive phone calls, connect and use wifi but it doesn't get a data connection over 3G. If I'm out of wifi range any internet related service stops working (maps, e-mail, market, browser) and all I get is "data connectivity problem"

No, the airplane mode trick does not work.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Everything should be fine on that front - I can move the SIM to another phone (not LG) and that works OK. As soon as I try this one, nothing. Works great if just making/receiving calls or over wifi, but no internet/data connection whatever. Tried to upgrade/downgrade, go back to stock, root, different APNs, now running openOptimus on it, still no luck.
It's driving me crazy, and I'm running out of ideas of what to try next.
Help, please , before I hurt myself (or the phone!)
Thanks

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I called T Mobile customer support and they walked me through a few procedures. Still no dice. They finally walked me through a factory reset and I lost everything, my apps, notes, etc., and still no connection without WiFi. They told me they would check out the data connections in this area and if I still don't have a 3G connection in 3 days I should call back and they will probably replace the phone. I don't know why I should have to wait 3 days to get my problem solved but I will play along until somthing goes wrong.
Good luck with our phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones