1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No emergency alerts setting on my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by islander55, Apr 10, 2020.

1. islander55

islander55 Lurker

I've just discovered that my S5 has no setting for emergency alerts, Amber alerts, or anything like that.

I've Googled it, and it seems that the S5 is supposed to have it? There are many websites with instructions on how to disable/enable it, but it's nowhere to be found on my phone.

Is it provider-specific or something?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Where did you get it from/what provider was it originally sold through? It's not a global feature, so if the phone is an import that would explain its absence.

dontpanicbobby, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. SeaofBlue

SeaofBlue Lurker

I got woken up at 3am the other morning by an ear-piercing amber alert after I spent days having insomnia and finally was sleeping. I was beyond enraged. I tried looking all over my phone to find the setting on my Galaxy S7 Edge to turn it off, but NOOOOOOOO, couldn't find it anywhere. I then googled how to do it and read countless articles that kept saying go to this setting or that setting, which did not exist in any of the menus on my Galaxy S7 Edge phone. I then decided to call my carrier, Verizon, and ask them. For anyone going through the same hell, this is How to turn off Amber Alerts on the Galaxy S7 Edge: 1. Swipe up or down to display the gear icon to access SETTINGS 2.Navigate SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS> MORE CONNECTIONS SETTINGS (way at the bottom) 3.Tap EMERGENCY ALERTS 4.Tap the 3 dots in the upper right, then tap Settings 5.Tap ALERT TYPES 6. Select any of the alert types and turn off.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews