• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No emergency alerts setting on my phone?

I got woken up at 3am the other morning by an ear-piercing amber alert after I spent days having insomnia and finally was sleeping. I was beyond enraged. I tried looking all over my phone to find the setting on my Galaxy S7 Edge to turn it off, but NOOOOOOOO, couldn't find it anywhere. I then googled how to do it and read countless articles that kept saying go to this setting or that setting, which did not exist in any of the menus on my Galaxy S7 Edge phone. I then decided to call my carrier, Verizon, and ask them. For anyone going through the same hell, this is How to turn off Amber Alerts on the Galaxy S7 Edge: 1. Swipe up or down to display the gear icon to access SETTINGS 2.Navigate SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS> MORE CONNECTIONS SETTINGS (way at the bottom) 3.Tap EMERGENCY ALERTS 4.Tap the 3 dots in the upper right, then tap Settings 5.Tap ALERT TYPES 6. Select any of the alert types and turn off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones