1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No in-call audio.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nabbelol, Aug 7, 2011.

1. nabbelol

nabbelol Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Android Version: 2.3.3 Official from HTC
    Taskiller Used?: No
    Issue:
    No in-call audio. It works if I enable speaker mode, or a headset.
    But when I hold the phone up to my ear, I cannot hear the person I have an call with. The other person can hear me..

I have tried to google the problem, and if found some forum threads that some Samsung models has a similar issue, but haven't found anybody with this problem on a HTC Desire.
    I noticed this problem with my third call after the upgrade to 2.3.3, the first two calls where long so I used a headset on these. Its therefore hard for me to tell if it's the upgrade or a hardware problem.

What I have tested:
    * Turn the in-call volume to max (Also with an application, not just the volume adjusting buttons)
    * Plug the headset in and out several times. (Found this tip on several Samsung android forum threads)
    * Restart.
    * Take the battery out.
    * Reset to factory defaults.
    * Reinstall the 2.3.3 upgrade.

As far as I can tell this is not a known hardware error on the Desire, and since this happened so close to the upgrade, and after I used a headset, I hope somebody have some tips so I don't have to send my phone in to service.

For now I'll just have to carry the headset with me, but that kind of sucks :(

Advertisement

2. nabbelol

nabbelol Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    After making the first post here on the forum, I have always listened for the caller sound when making outgoing calls, before I turn speaker on, or plugin the headset. Today it just worked, haven't done anything, not even a reboot since I wrote that first post... Strange...

3. SRM1

SRM1 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I have same problem in that I have no in-call audio.

I will set up my own post in the hope someone can help. :eek:

Tags: