• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No internet through WIFI on sensation after ICS update

Duran

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Hi,

I have just updated my HTC sensation to ICS yesterday and everything seems to be fine apart from internet through WIFI.

WIFI connects fine and I have an IP address and I can ping it from the PC but cannot check emails or browse internet.

I have tried a factory reset of the phone but the same issue exists.

I have been searching google for fixes but have had no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Duran.

I've been having wifi problems on ICS on two devices (Asus Transformer and Nexus S). If I'm close to my wifi access point, they both work ok. However, if I'm further away and connecting through my repeater, there's some strange behavior.

Once the wifi connects, it works as long as it's downloading data (ie, syncing, or loading a web page). However, once the data transfer stops, ie the web page is finished loading, the wifi stops working. Trying to load a second web page, for example fails. If I disable/reenable wifi, it works for one transfer again. Are you seeing anything similar?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones