• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No longer syncing my contacts?

CarsnGadgets

Android Expert
May 17, 2010
UK
I went into settings/accounts yesterday to stop weather from syncing, and noticed a red exclamation mark next to my 'myname@googlemail.com' account.

and below it says 'sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.'

when i click on the google account it shows 3 tick boxes, all ticked, contacts, gmail and calendar.

but the contacts again has a red exclamation mark by it, and a date for the last sync of 23.08.10 which is when I updated to 2.2 using the RUU (i think).

I can use the marketplace, gmails come in ok, my calendar works fine and all other features of the phone are great. But its not syncing contacts anymore?

presumably I cant delete this account and recreate it as its the one the phone asked for on 1st boot and setup?

any ideas how i can resolve this please?

I had the same problem and resolved it by deleting the data in the contacts storage app then the sync will work.By the way that will only delete the pics and any linkages you may of done on your contacts NOT the contacts themselves.

You will find the contacts storage in menu > settings > applications > manage applications > running > then scroll down to it and clear data.

Reactions: CarsnGadgets
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones