• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Pictures? PLEASE HELP

adeal175

Lurker
May 29, 2011
I bought a 32gb sd card off eBay to replace the 8gb micro sd that came with my desire HD.
The 8gb takes photos and they stay on the micro sd. But with the 32gb I take photos and I can view them fine in the gallery app but when I plug the desire into my computer the photo shows an icon (Not a thumbnail of the photo) that says 'JPEG' on it. (My computer cannot open it) and when I eject the phone the picture does not show instead it shows a '!' infront of a small mountain shape icon.
Mp3's Work fine of the micro sd.

I have tried it on Mac and PC, Any suggestions on what it could be, I have tried restarting and it is getting really frustrating :thinking:

Unfortunately there are a massive amount of fake cards on ebay, on sale from seemingly reputable sellers. The cards are cleverly formatted in a way which deceives the host device (be it PC, Mac, phone etc) into believing it's a higher capacity that it actually is. The end result being that when data is written to what is believed to be free space, it will become corrupt. The symptoms you are giving tell me this seems to be the case with your card.

There is a way to test the true capacity of the card, via a tool called h2testw, the link to download can be found here. Download and run that, then if you see it's fake, I'd suggest contacting the seller asking for a refund. Failing that, open a claim with ebay/paypal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones