• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No resale value? At all?

hal1

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2009
In preparation of my new Turbo I placed an ad on Craigslist for my Maxx for $200. Even if I overpriced it I thought I would at least get an offer. Anything. BUt not one reply. this is in Phoenix, 6th largest metro area in the U.S.

Am I going to have to settle for the $80 that Gazelle is offering? I really don't do Ebay for items like this.

I actually saw Amazon buying it back for over $200 about two weeks ago via their trade-in program, and almost pulled the trigger in anticipation of the Turbo, but I hesitated. Now, Amazon doesn't seem to even want them. There is no trade-in option for it. Either they got swamped with them or dramatically underestimated the resale market. Very odd to have such a huge shift in a short timeframe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones