• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No service

I bought a DNA last Saturday. Sunday morning when I woke up the phone said "no service" though I had been using it in the same room all night. I restarted the phone and immediately it had service again. Later that day, I picked the phone up and saw it said "no service" again. Restarted the phone, had service again. This problem didn't happen again until tonight. During frequent txting, the phone switched to "no service." I restarted, had service for a few minutes and then lost service. Had to restart several times. Finally restarting stopped working altogether and I was not able to get any service at all. I let the phone sit for about 20 minutes then restarted again. This time I got service long enough to call HTC's customer service line. The tech support didn't have a clear answer but suggested I take the phone to a Verizon store and have them swap out the SIM card thinking that is the likely problem. All the VZW stores are closed now so I will have to do this tomorrow. If a new SIM card does not work he suggested mailing the phone in to have the manufacturer repair it under warranty.
Any other users have this problem? Any other ideas to try?
I will update tomorrow after stopping into VZW.
TIA

Update: went to verizon store, walked in with a phone getting no service and walked out with a new sim card and have had service all night since then. She was surprised when the first sim card she unboxed and put in the phone turned out not to work also. maybe there is a problem with the SIM cards? Will keep updated on the service with the new sim card!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones