• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No TWRP screen after install

I may have made a boo boo. It seems as I made 2 nandroid backups just after rooting the S4. I wondered why it took so long to start after I had flashed the RR rom and Gapps. Plus there was a 5.5 GB hit on the internal memory- don't know how it got there, when the rom and gapps was on SD card.
I have copied EFS, Twrp etc to both usb stick and second h/d drive in pc, and double nandroid backup to SD card.
I have to now try to chop the file in correct parts so there is only 1 backup.
Any ideas please how to sort this home made mess out, lol ??

Upvote 0
Do you have two separate stock backups or two of each partition combined into one backup? If it is two separate backups,just delete one. If only one with double copies of the partitions, that would be the first time I have heard of that.
The purpose of making a stock backup after root is its a easy way to correct any mistake you might make if you modify anything in system or try flashing something and it borks.
If you have a corrupt backup, it would probably be a good idea to download the stock firmware to have handy in case you need to reflash back to stock. Then all you would need to do is install TWRP and root. Any saved data would be lost but you would be up and running again.

Upvote 0
Thanks for info. Non sammobile members is a 15kb/sec download speed--took ages.
When I opened file there were actually 2 files inside it. When I set up Odin and ticked AP, there was no way the 19505 file was going anywhere near the AP box. I noticed that the 19505 was downloaded via IE, which I hate with a passion.
Maybe better off trying to sort out the duplicate of the backups. No luck with stock stuff.

Upvote 0
Reactions: gregg1100
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones