• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no update for S2 i9100 >:(

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I have I9100 and as I mentioned the only reason i want to upgrade the version because when i recieve a call, it doesn't work on the speaker mode.

I live in Cyprus, and the my carrier is KKTCELL. Do I need to do anything with them?

Does anyone have any idea how this speaker mode problem can be solved?

Thanks a lot

Hello

There are a number of reasons for this occurring, if you have a read around you will see that there is not one specific solution although a lot of people have said upgrading fixes the issue.

As your carrier doesnt seem to upgrade that often i cant se an official release for them that you can use, i would suggest that you look at this thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/680070-jelly-bean-update-dummies-guide.html and upgrade to the latest JB release by flashing through ODIN or here for ICS http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/523455-ics-csc-you-eligible-update.html

If you have any further questions then just ask

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot, the links were very usefull. The CSC of my phone is I9100OXAKI3 and when I checked the availablity of the update in the provided list, The code is in bold OXA = OPEN EUROPE which it seems to be available. However, unfortunately when I connect to the PC through KIES, no info found about the updte. Therefore, As you mentioned, I should install Odin software for updating the version.

The last one question please, when I checked the comments about the newer versions, I realized that there are many negative comments about different versions of updates. Any idea which version is the more stable?

Many thanks,
Meltem

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot, the links were very usefull. The CSC of my phone is I9100OXAKI3 and when I checked the availablity of the update in the provided list, The code is in bold OXA = OPEN EUROPE which it seems to be available. However, unfortunately when I connect to the PC through KIES, no info found about the updte. Therefore, As you mentioned, I should install Odin software for updating the version.

The last one question please, when I checked the comments about the newer versions, I realized that there are many negative comments about different versions of updates. Any idea which version is the more stable?

Many thanks,
Meltem

Hi

I cant find a later release of Open Europe than the one your on but i would be tempted to upgrade the JellyBean , probably this one

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXMS1_I9100OXAMS1_XEO.zip

Which is the MS1 version but im not aware of the language packs (assuming you need Turkish) so i would wait to see if Ironass pops in as he will be able to advise you better.

Reactions: panco
Upvote 0
Which is the MS1 version but im not aware of the language packs (assuming you need Turkish) so i would wait to see if Ironass pops in as he will be able to advise you better.

JB, Samsung firmwares, with Turkish language pack, JV, released so far...

Saudi Arabia

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XWLSD_I9100OJVLS6_KSA.zip

United Arab Emirates

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XWLSD_I9100OJVLS6_XSG.zip

Iraq

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XWLSD_I9100OJVLS6_MID.zip

Reactions: panco
Upvote 0
Dear Ironass and Kelis32,

Thank you very much for your help. I successfully uploaded from 2.3.5 to jelly bean ( 4.1.2). However, this upgrade did not solve the problem with the speaker mode of the phone. When I try to use hands free (speaker mode) although I able to hear the other party they still cannot hear me.

Do you have any other suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones