• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokia Lumia 635 Coming to MetroPCS

Wish it had a gig of ram so it could use all of the windows 8.1 features. That said nokia makes very solid midrange devices. Im sure it will perform quite well and be plenty quick enough. The only thing prolly holding it back is windows 8.1, the 521 is a helluva device for the price but with windows can be a hassle for someone coming from ios or android. I personally didnt mind windows 8 had some neat features and im sure ill get an 8.1 device to play around with.

Upvote 0
Mine are I would only want it if I could unlock the bootloader and run kitkat . and will it have LTE ? And still not quite moto g

There 2 totally different devices. Windows phone doesnt need the super high end specs to run smoothly. It has far less animations and really only 2 screens. You can smoothly run windows phone 8 on half the processing power and half the ram that it takes to smoothly run android. There 2 seperate beasts so its hard to compare actual specs between the devices on different systems.

Upvote 0
overall looks nice except the 512 of ram, that is an actual limiter in that you need more than that to even run some of teh nicer wp8 games :/

Some of the nokia and windows features require a gig of ram to. Im suprised they didnt go a full gig. Was the downside to of the black update on the 520/521 couldnt use everything it had to offer.

Upvote 0
There 2 totally different devices. Windows phone doesnt need the super high end specs to run smoothly. It has far less animations and really only 2 screens. You can smoothly run windows phone 8 on half the processing power and half the ram that it takes to smoothly run android. There 2 seperate beasts so its hard to compare actual specs between the devices on different systems.

But they are using the same chip set as the moto g maybe even the Normandy (citation needed) I just want the choice to do so, unlock bootloader run android has nothing to do with how well it may or may not run. I just want to tinker :) (HTC hdr2 anyone)

Upvote 0
But they are using the same chip set as the moto g maybe even the Normandy (citation needed) I just want the choice to do so, unlock bootloader run android has nothing to do with how well it may or may not run. I just want to tinker :) (HTC hdr2 anyone)

Same chipset with half the ram. Thats where the o.s. optimization comes into play. Even though google says kitkat can run on 512 mb of ram once you actually atart doin stuff on it it tends to bog down. Windows 8.1 can continue to run smoothly on 512mb though not all features can be used.

Upvote 0
Same chipset with half the ram. Thats where the o.s. optimization comes into play. Even though google says kitkat can run on 512 mb of ram once you actually atart doin stuff on it it tends to bog down. Windows 8.1 can continue to run smoothly on 512mb though not all features can be used.

Now now I wouldn't say all that,I have bogged down the 521with ease as buttery smooth it can be it isn't perfect, otoh an iPhone made me feel stupid again.. I could not operate the camera.

Upvote 0
I was looking at T-Mobile and they have a 925 nokia
Seems cool for a windows phone. I to have been thinking about getting a windows phone, but we will see. The specs are below

Specifications

Size and Weight

• 5.08 x 2.75 x 0.33 inches
  • 4.9 ounces

1374629672455.jpg

Operating System and Processor

• Windows Phone 8
Battery Life

• Up to 9 hours talk time
  • Up to 18 days standby time
Camera, Photos and Video

• Front-facing Camera
Memory

• 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM
Connectivity

• Sync methods: WiFi, USB, Skydive
  • 4G Capable
  • 4G LTE Capable
  • Wi-Fi Calling
Audio and Multimedia

• T-Mobile TV
International

• UMTS: Band I (2100);UMTS: Band IV (1700/2100);UMTS: Band V (850);Band II (1900);Quad Band GSM;LTE
Hearing Aid Compatibility

• M3 & T3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones