• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokia Style calendar app

TrueBlue

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
Hi,

I am frustrated with the android calendar and lack of apps to replace the old Nokia phones calendar.

Some of the features of the Nokia calendar are:
Add:
1. Meeting
2. Call
3. Birthday
4. Memo
5. Reminder

Not on android, but on Nokia (even the older phones):
Can set these to recur fortnightly.
Calls can be made made by pressing the call button when a call reminder is alerting.
Can snooze.
The alert is continuous for 1 minute and LED blinks until cleared or snoozed.

I love the new Android phone, but have depended on the Nokia calendar a lot for my work. Can anybody help, please?

Dear trueblue,

I hope you are doing well.

I have been looking for exactly what you described below as android frustrating drawback.

My entire life and work depend on reminders and alarms; with Nokia I had real good planning and scheduling performance; now I am suffering.

If you reached any thing useful please share it.

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year from Cairo Egypt.

K. Mongy,

Hi,

I am frustrated with the android calendar and lack of apps to replace the old Nokia phones calendar.

Some of the features of the Nokia calendar are:
Add:
1. Meeting
2. Call
3. Birthday
4. Memo
5. Reminder

Not on android, but on Nokia (even the older phones):
Can set these to recur fortnightly.
Calls can be made made by pressing the call button when a call reminder is alerting.
Can snooze.
The alert is continuous for 1 minute and LED blinks until cleared or snoozed.

I love the new Android phone, but have depended on the Nokia calendar a lot for my work. Can anybody help, please?

Upvote 0
The Google calender does all of those things for me. I get audible and led notifications.

You can use Google now to set reminders as well and works 99.99999% of the time.

I haven't owned a Nokia phone since 2002 so I can't really make any comparisons lol

I think you would get better responses if you changed the title of your post to "calender app suggestions" or something similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones