• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will all my tasks be lost from my Android Calendar app?

smasheroO16

Feb 12, 2017
I am using an Android smartphone (which happens to be a Motorola). Because my digital organiser is on the blink, I have transferred all of the entries in it, into the Calendar app that lives in my phone. At some time next year, it will be time to replace my smartphone, and I am concerned about losing all the entries that I so laboriously copied into the Calendar. Nearly all of these are repeated tasks that, having been done, will be moved forward to the next occasion (some of which will be next week, some next month, some will be a few months into the future, and just a few will be a few years into the future).

How can these entries be saved, so that it will not be necessary to enter them all again, on a new phone? I have next to no technical knowledge, where phones are concerned.

With thanks in anticipation of some help, in simple terms,
S.

I have a Motorola and the installed calendar app is the Google calendar.
So no need to fret about losing anything as long as it is setup with your Gmail account.
But you need to verify exactly which calendar app you are using....
A belated thank you, Dannydet, for this helpful reply (the last few days have been hectic, and I could not use my computer). I am unable to find out which calendar is on the phone. I have tried in various ways, but all I see is "Calendar". However, in Settings, I did find Backup, which includes Calendar and other files, and it has now been backed up (to my Google account, it seems). I shall look at my gmail account and see how that figures in all this. However, I keep no online diaries or calendars, so there will be no need to transfer events etc. from my computer.

If there are any further hurdles to jump, I shall enquire again of this marvellous forum. One final question, Dannydev: do I presume rightly that, in the event of setting up a new Android phone, all that would be required would be for me to connect to my Google (not gmail) account, and the Calendar tasks would be automatically transferred?
With thanks again,
S.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones