• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

noob - Captivate questions (Rogers network)

opflame

Nov 20, 2010
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for my first smartphone and am considering the Captivate up here on the Rogers network in Canada.

I see that there are some issues with the GPS and battery life which I can probably deal with. Would you guys recommend this as a good choice? I'm not really liking the Iphone4 and this seems like the best alternative to it.

Would the cognition build work on a Rogers network phone? That seems like the way to go vs. waiting for 2.2 or Gingerbread to hit this phone. Is it possible to flash back to stock if needed?

Thanks in advance.

For me the GPS works great on the Rogers version. Personally I would just leave the Rogers version of the OS on the phone. You can always apply a lagfix if you desire. Android 2.2 around the corner anyways...

Battery life for me seems just fine overall, not great mind you but similar to what my iphone got. Like everything if you use it hard plan to recharge before the day is out... But overall I make it to the end of the day 95% of the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones